Test message in SRA...
Heidi Graw
2006-07-22 05:01:10 UTC
If any of you can read the test message I just sent to SRA, can you please
let me know?

Thanks,
Heidi
bowman
2006-07-22 15:13:05 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
If any of you can read the test message I just sent to SRA, can you please
let me know?
I see it in the SRA from my ISP. I do not see it on Google or killfile.org
nor is it in the moderation queue. Apparently you live in the same
alternate universe as I.

Attuarii
2006-07-22 17:05:19 UTC
Post by bowman
Post by Heidi Graw
If any of you can read the test message I just sent to SRA, can you
please let me know?
I see it in the SRA from my ISP. I do not see it on Google or killfile.org
nor is it in the moderation queue. Apparently you live in the same
alternate universe as I.
Nothing on my server from Heidi in SRA.
--
"It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses
or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not
Giordano Bruno
Heidi Graw
2006-07-22 17:51:09 UTC
Post by bowman
Post by Heidi Graw
If any of you can read the test message I just sent to SRA, can you please
let me know?
I see it in the SRA from my ISP. I do not see it on Google or killfile.org
nor is it in the moderation queue. Apparently you live in the same
alternate universe as I.
LOL...and is that such a bad thing? ;-)

There's a positive side to that. The less people can see our SRA postings,
the less people to argue with. Less annoyances to deal with. And we get to
have a private conversation just between ourselves...you lucky guy you!
LOL...

But, seriously, since this problem hasn't yet been fixed, it looks to me my
ISP newsgroup techies are going to have to be given *detailed point by point
instructions* as to how to go about configuring SRA properly. Then they can
print those out to file away in their handbooks. <sigh>

Who should I contact regarding those detailed technical instructions? Any
ideas?

Heidi
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-22 18:15:07 UTC
In article <hAtwg.222645$***@pd7tw1no>, Heidi Graw
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by bowman
Post by Heidi Graw
If any of you can read the test message I just sent to SRA, can you please
let me know?
I see it in the SRA from my ISP. I do not see it on Google or killfile.org
nor is it in the moderation queue. Apparently you live in the same
alternate universe as I.
LOL...and is that such a bad thing? ;-)
There's a positive side to that. The less people can see our SRA postings,
the less people to argue with. Less annoyances to deal with. And we get to
have a private conversation just between ourselves...you lucky guy you!
LOL...
But, seriously, since this problem hasn't yet been fixed, it looks to me my
ISP newsgroup techies are going to have to be given *detailed point by point
instructions* as to how to go about configuring SRA properly. Then they can
print those out to file away in their handbooks. <sigh>
I'm guessing they lack ambition, not technical know-how
Post by Heidi Graw
Who should I contact regarding those detailed technical instructions? Any
ideas?
FWIW, I can read your SRA poasts via Altopia, also.

Given the number of times you tried to get other members of your
'clan' to tell you what was going on, and the fact that none of
them did...
--
"I never knew there were corners in time
until I was told to go stand in one"
....Grace Slick
Heidi Graw
2006-07-22 18:46:00 UTC
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Post by Heidi Graw
Who should I contact regarding those detailed technical instructions?
Any
ideas?
FWIW, I can read your SRA poasts via Altopia, also.
Given the number of times you tried to get other members of your
'clan' to tell you what was going on, and the fact that none of
them did...
I'm keenly aware I p*ssed off some Asatruar. But, one thing they've got
going for them is that it's an honest response to whatever I had done or
written. I have no need for false friends. So, if they were to act
friendly, but would harbour resentments in their minds, they'd be false
personas. I'd rather have honest enemies than false friends. At least that
way, I know where I stand among them.

Besides, the only reason they're angry with me is that they don't agree with
what I've done, said or written. They also made it very clear that if I
don't agree with them, I can't be their friend. Well, I'm not going to
change my ways just so I can have some friends. "If they don't like me this
way, they ain't gonna like me any way!" Take me as I am, or not at all!
Quite simple really. Nothing complicated about it. <shrug>

Heidi
....Grace Slick
Attuarii
2006-07-22 21:04:23 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Post by Heidi Graw
[...]
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
Giordano Bruno
Heidi Graw
2006-07-23 01:46:53 UTC
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.

From: Hatto von Aquitanien <***@AugiaDives.hre>
Newsgroups: soc.religion.asatru
Subject: Test 2
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:13:26 CST
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.
That makes 1 of 3 of mine. I have yet to see yours.
Giordano Bruno
Heidi Graw
2006-07-23 03:58:45 UTC
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.
That makes 1 of 3 of mine. I have yet to see yours.
The problem still hasn't been fixed. I had sent another test message just
after yours. The details of the path did not direct the post to Stump. I
sent another e-mail to Shaw tech support with a copy of the details of your
successful post to use as an example so they can see to where to direct my
posts.

Hopefully this will give Shaw a clue! ;-)

Heidi
Attuarii
2006-07-23 07:42:11 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.
That makes 1 of 3 of mine. I have yet to see yours.
The problem still hasn't been fixed. I had sent another test message just
after yours. The details of the path did not direct the post to Stump. I
sent another e-mail to Shaw tech support with a copy of the details of
your successful post to use as an example so they can see to where to
direct my posts.
Hopefully this will give Shaw a clue! ;-)
Heidi
I attempted to follow up my original post to SRA with this:

<post newsgroup='sra' date='Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:51:43 -0400'>
MODERATOR'S COMMENT:
 Please try to make posts other than test.  Welcome aboard Steven.

Thanks for the welcome. Pleasure to be here.

Did my post as Mainzer not make [it] from google to the moderation queue?

My primary motivation for posting to SRA is to ensure that it is functioning
properly.  Ironically, the same motivation that led me to oppose the
creation of SRA now stirs me to ensure that it succeeds in becoming viable.
</post>

I hope that wasn't construed as an affront. I was merely being candid. I
don't like being censored or moderated. I believe the exodus from ARA due
to trolls should have been remedied by defiance on the part of Asatruar.
SRA seems to be a marginal victory for the trolls. It is a victory they
did not gain from me. Nonetheless, SRA seems to be the will of the
majority.

The problems with SRA may be purely technical. If they are then they should
be fixed, and my efforts should be helpful in that direction. Likewise if
there is willful intent and malice of forethought afoot.
Giordano Bruno
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-23 15:53:49 UTC
In article <***@speakeasy.net>,
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
[...]
And we can all see how well that's worked over the last 7 years
Post by Attuarii
SRA seems to be a marginal victory for the trolls.
Marginal? This was a big enough win that I think the old ast
Invasion FAQ should be updated to include the formation of a
moderated froup as a condition of victory.
Post by Attuarii
It is a victory they
did not gain from me. Nonetheless, SRA seems to be the will of the
majority.
The problems with SRA may be purely technical.
There are political underpinnings to the overt technical issues.
Usenet is in reality an anarchy with no central authority.
Sysadmins are /not/ required to follow the lead of the B8MBis
Post by Attuarii
If they are then they should
be fixed, and my efforts should be helpful in that direction. Likewise if
there is willful intent and malice of forethought afoot.
Like the willful intent and malice of foreethought that went
into 'outing' what was purported to be RW's RL info, or Njikky's
phone call to Daev?
....Grace Slick
Attuarii
2006-07-23 16:35:04 UTC
Post by Juan Tootreego
Like the willful intent and malice of foreethought that went
into 'outing' what was purported to be RW's RL info, or Njikky's
phone call to Daev?
Your spelling sucks, Robbie.

I'm 50/50 on that one. I don't like the idea of RLing a person; OTOH, you
and your ilk do much to incite actions which impinge on the freedoms which
prevail in civil society. It is sad that you don't see that. You seem to
fancy yourselves as great champions of freedom, and you you destroy it.
Giordano Bruno
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-23 18:34:10 UTC
In article <***@speakeasy.net>,
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
Like the willful intent and malice of foreethought that went
into 'outing' what was purported to be RW's RL info, or Njikky's
phone call to Daev?
Your spelling sucks, Robbie.
I'm 50/50 on that one. I don't like the idea of RLing a person; OTOH, you
and your ilk do much to incite actions which impinge on the freedoms which
prevail in civil society. It is sad that you don't see that. You seem to
fancy yourselves as great champions of freedom, and you you destroy it.
Whilst its true there are meowers, aukers, flonkers etc. who
profess to be fighting for freedom of speech, I'm not one of
them.

The only /real/ 'inalienable rights' people have are those that
they are capable of defending. Teh Big Guy in the clouds - if'n
he existed - could care less and isn't about to intervene.

And it is true that there are meowers, aukers, flonkers etc. who
oppose taking usenet issues to real life. Again, I'm not one of
them.

What I object to is the cowardice of posting a person's RL info
in the hopes that somebody somewhere will read it and act on it,
rather than doing the job yourself. When Djirkie and Njik and
Rorik posted what they thought was RW's real info to alt.revenge
and suggested that we (tinw) shoot him or blow him up, all they
did was to prove their abject cowardice. And when the Assatruar
community didn't call them out on it, the entire community
showed itself to be cowards.
....Grace Slick
Attuarii
2006-07-23 19:13:28 UTC
Post by Juan Tootreego
The only /real/ 'inalienable rights' people have are those that
they are capable of defending. Teh Big Guy in the clouds - if'n
he existed - could care less and isn't about to intervene.
You truly are unschooled, aren't you?
Post by Juan Tootreego
What I object to is the cowardice of posting a person's RL info
in the hopes that somebody somewhere will read it and act on it,
rather than doing the job yourself.
I don't know of any people who would actually take any such action. I
suspect RW had about as much chance of getting his bottom bruised by big
mean skin heads as he does getting hit by a meteorite. I honestly believe
the whole "swastika incident" was his own fabrication. Ironically, in the
same period, someone drew a swastika in front of my home. Someone also
threw a rock through a window.
Post by Juan Tootreego
When Djirkie and Njik and Rorik
That's Rorix, BTW.
Post by Juan Tootreego
posted what they thought was RW's real info to alt.revenge
and suggested that we (tinw) shoot him or blow him up, all they
did was to prove their abject cowardice. And when the Assatruar
community didn't call them out on it, the entire community
showed itself to be cowards.
I don't always agree with Dirk and Nik's actions. As for Rorix... I disavow
any any all association with actions he may take unless I have a specific
example of something contrary to he general behavior.

Note, however, I was not party to any of the RLing of RW, nor were the vast
majority of people who have posted here or read this ng over the years.
Giordano Bruno
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-25 02:54:09 UTC
In article <lOydnZ_Zz-***@speakeasy.net>,
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
The only /real/ 'inalienable rights' people have are those that
they are capable of defending. Teh Big Guy in the clouds - if'n
he existed - could care less and isn't about to intervene.
You truly are unschooled, aren't you?
???

Somehow I would not have expected you to question this part.

For example - your 'right' to life ends when the bad guy pulls
the trigger. Unless you shoot him first. All the cops can do
is try and catch him after the fact - you are still dead,
inalienable right to life or not.
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
What I object to is the cowardice of posting a person's RL info
in the hopes that somebody somewhere will read it and act on it,
rather than doing the job yourself.
I don't know of any people who would actually take any such action.
The world is full of nut cases. There was a time in my youth
when I might have been tempted by an online posting like that.
Post by Juan Tootreego
When Djirkie and Njik and Rorik
That's Rorix, BTW.
A pet name for him?
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
posted what they thought was RW's real info to alt.revenge
and suggested that we (tinw) shoot him or blow him up, all they
did was to prove their abject cowardice. And when the Assatruar
community didn't call them out on it, the entire community
showed itself to be cowards.
I don't always agree with Dirk and Nik's actions. As for Rorix... I disavow
any any all association with actions he may take unless I have a specific
example of something contrary to he general behavior.
Note, however, I was not party to any of the RLing of RW, nor were the vast
majority of people who have posted here or read this ng over the years.
Unless you were socked up. I will stipulate that there are no
posts by your current nym in the relevant thread.
....Grace Slick
Attuarii
2006-07-25 04:06:41 UTC
Post by Juan Tootreego
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
The only /real/ 'inalienable rights' people have are those that
they are capable of defending. Teh Big Guy in the clouds - if'n
he existed - could care less and isn't about to intervene.
You truly are unschooled, aren't you?
???
Somehow I would not have expected you to question this part.
A right is not alienated from a person when it is violated. That person
still retains the right. That which can be denied to a person is the
freedom to enjoy the right.
Post by Juan Tootreego
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
posted what they thought was RW's real info to alt.revenge
and suggested that we (tinw) shoot him or blow him up, all they
did was to prove their abject cowardice. And when the Assatruar
community didn't call them out on it, the entire community
showed itself to be cowards.
I don't always agree with Dirk and Nik's actions. As for Rorix... I
disavow any any all association with actions he may take unless I have a
specific example of something contrary to he general behavior.
Note, however, I was not party to any of the RLing of RW, nor were the
vast majority of people who have posted here or read this ng over the
years.
Unless you were socked up. I will stipulate that there are no
posts by your current nym in the relevant thread.
<quote>
Post by Juan Tootreego
Roger Williams and any other spammer who has attempted to drive us from
our own newsgroup has a responsiblity for their actions. Everyone is
responsible for their actions, this is what it is to be true and this is
the newsgroup that they have besieged.
Every action has a cost, I hope they can pay the bill.
RedWolf
I've been on the whole time this has been going on. At first I reacted to
what was happening. I did it tongue-in-cheek, and got a gut bustin' laugh
out of the Meower's response. I have read some of their posts. They are
usually inane, yet harmless. It does disrupt the flow of conversation to
have this large amount of OT traffic.

My opinion is to let them go and do what they will. An effort to control
them, particularly when the results or actions taken are posted online,
will only encourage them. The "ignore them" strategy seems to be the best.
I just go about my business as usual. The idea of doing battle with these
harmless little kitty-cats seems a waste of time. You would be swinging
your sward at the shadows of trees in the wind cast by the moon. They are
an illusion. I assure you, every time they see you get riled, they notch
their score card and laugh.
</quote>
Giordano Bruno
bowman
2006-07-25 13:06:12 UTC
I've been on the whole time this has been going on.  At first I reacted to
what was happening.  I did it tongue-in-cheek, and got a gut bustin' laugh
out of the Meower's response.  I have read some of their posts.  They are
usually inane, yet harmless.
Sometimes they are even amusing. During the papal election and its
aftermath, I followed alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic. It is a much
higher volume list that ara, and appears to be 25% atheists attacking all
religion, 74% fundamentalist Protestants specifically attacking the Church
(they start by calling the pope a Nazi and working their way down), and
about 5 Catholics. I suppose I was trolling, but I felt so bad for the
home team I would sometimes take on some of the knuckle-dragging bible
thumpers out of boredom. Something about theology gleaned from Jack Chick
comic books annoyed me.

ara seemed peaceful, by contrast, with comic interludes provided by the
poasters.

Juan Tootreego
2006-07-27 01:12:01 UTC
Post by bowman
I've been on the whole time this has been going on.  At first I reacted to
what was happening.  I did it tongue-in-cheek, and got a gut bustin' laugh
out of the Meower's response.  I have read some of their posts.  They are
usually inane, yet harmless.
Sometimes they are even amusing.
<snip>
Post by bowman
ara seemed peaceful, by contrast, with comic interludes provided by the
poasters.
Since you two are so close to 'getting it', why hace it escaped
the ken of your self-appointed Fuhrer and his inner circle?
Aren't leaders supposed to be the best and the brightest? Djirk
and Njik and Little Dougie make Dubya look intelligent
....Grace Slick
dave hillstrom
2006-07-23 20:38:53 UTC
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
Like the willful intent and malice of foreethought that went
into 'outing' what was purported to be RW's RL info, or Njikky's
phone call to Daev?
Your spelling sucks, Robbie.
I'm 50/50 on that one. I don't like the idea of RLing a person; OTOH, you
and your ilk do much to incite actions which impinge on the freedoms which
prevail in civil society. It is sad that you don't see that. You seem to
fancy yourselves as great champions of freedom, and you you destroy it.
ahem. i didnt even KNOW that alt.religion.asatru ~existed~ when my
friend told me that some guy named dirk had outed my info, and then
nik called me up and threatened me and mine with death, mentioning
swastikas and blood and burning. i hadnt even POSTED to usenet for
~months~.

so, please, tell me, how does that hate crime fit into your little
personal mind view about how put upon the asatru are? what do the
scales look like in your mind, hmmmm?
--
Dave Hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj
"I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him? I think he went
-Dave Hillstrom
Attuarii
2006-07-23 23:18:49 UTC
Post by dave hillstrom
ahem. i didnt even KNOW that alt.religion.asatru ~existed~ when my
friend told me that some guy named dirk had outed my info,
People grow weary of being constantly insulted and ridiculed. I really
don't know what might have prompted Dirk to take the action, if he did.
Judging by other evidence, I suspect it was not an unprovoked measure.
Post by dave hillstrom
and then
nik called me up and threatened me and mine with death, mentioning
swastikas and blood and burning. i hadnt even POSTED to usenet for
~months~.
If in fact Nik did that, I think it shows poor judgment on his part. I tend
to take the legal route if someone's online behavior crosses certain bounds
such a overt defamation of character, tangible personal threats, etc.
Post by dave hillstrom
so, please, tell me, how does that hate crime fit into your little
personal mind view about how put upon the asatru are?
I don't believe hate crime statutes are wise. It comes far to close to
thought police. OTOH, a threat is a threat. As such, it does constitute a
crime. I have no clue as to why you consider the alleged behavior of his
to constitute a "hate crime". You mentioned the word "swastika" as if the
mere mention of a swastika constitutes some wrong doing. The is a very
ancient symbol. It is present in the archaeological artifacts of numerous
ancient cultures, including Jewish.

You are suggesting by your question that it is appropriate to attack an
entire group in order to avenge the deeds of individual members acting on
their own behalf. That strikes me as pathologically unwise. I may find
myself motivated by base instinct to act in such a way, but those higher
mental faculties which distinguish humans from all other animals tell me
that such behavior is more likely to cause more strife than to solve any
problems.
http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/einstein/1948/12/02.htm
Giordano Bruno
dave hillstrom
2006-07-24 00:32:19 UTC
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
ahem. i didnt even KNOW that alt.religion.asatru ~existed~ when my
friend told me that some guy named dirk had outed my info,
People grow weary of being constantly insulted and ridiculed. I really
don't know what might have prompted Dirk to take the action, if he did.
Judging by other evidence, I suspect it was not an unprovoked measure.
in fact, both dirk and nik where under the INCREDIBLY ridiculous
assumption that the owner of flonk.org at the time MUST have been
flaagg, the person who was needling them so. so, without a shred of
proof that i was flaagg (aaron henne, btw, who lived in oregon, while
i lived in north carolina), dirk outed my info from the whois
database, and nik, following his idols lead, called me up from across
the globe, at midnight my time, to threaten and scare anyone who
answered the phone. he didnt even ASK if i was flaagg first before
going into his tirade.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
and then
nik called me up and threatened me and mine with death, mentioning
swastikas and blood and burning. i hadnt even POSTED to usenet for
~months~.
If in fact Nik did that, I think it shows poor judgment on his part.
poor judgement? hah! dont you mean borderline personality disorder?
Post by dave hillstrom
so, please, tell me, how does that hate crime fit into your little
personal mind view about how put upon the asatru are?
I don't believe hate crime statutes are wise. It comes far to close to
thought police. OTOH, a threat is a threat. As such, it does constitute a
crime. I have no clue as to why you consider the alleged behavior of his
to constitute a "hate crime".
i, as do most of the worlds governments, would consider the threat of
death to all one loves with the added mention of a swastika in blood
on the front door, with the added mention of ax wielding asatru
warriors to fit into the hate crime in-box at the police station.
this isnt just my willy nilly classification, hombre.
Post by Attuarii
You mentioned the word "swastika" as if the
mere mention of a swastika constitutes some wrong doing. The is a very
ancient symbol. It is present in the archaeological artifacts of numerous
ancient cultures, including Jewish.
the swastika by itself is a fine ancient symbol. but when it got
connected to racial violence by the nazis, things changed. and every
time the symbol is used or mentioned in connection to violence, it
becomes connected to the genocidal nazis of the second world war.
sorry, but thats how the worlds governments see it, and thats how i
see it.
Post by Attuarii
You are suggesting by your question that it is appropriate to attack an
entire group in order to avenge the deeds of individual members acting on
their own behalf.
where did i say that?
Post by Attuarii
That strikes me as pathologically unwise.
normally i would agree with you. but YOU sure havent taken steps to
censure your own out of control members, so why shouldnt i make you
suffer, along with them, for that?

without policing your own, you run the risk of ending up with a
reputation like the moslems have currently. get a grip and do your
part.
Post by Attuarii
I may find
myself motivated by base instinct to act in such a way, but those higher
mental faculties which distinguish humans from all other animals tell me
that such behavior is more likely to cause more strife than to solve any
problems.
then start policing your own. maybe people would leave you alone if
you did that.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
what do the scales look like in your mind, hmmmm?
http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/einstein/1948/12/02.htm
pardon me, but i dont think i was speaking about the
israeli/palestinian issues of either past or present. certainly there
have been ~grave~ mistakes on both sides. and why the US is involved
over there, beyond the greed for oil, is totally beyond me. certainly
i can see no morally or ethically convincing reason for our continued
involvement.

what i believe i was alluding to was the tangible real life effects
your members have had on my life, the life of an innocent at the time
of the actions of dirk and nik, versus some needling and trolling and
other words on a screen that your group has put up with, apparently
due to your groups inability to figure out how to work a killfile.

flaagg didnt nym morph while on usenet. which means it would have
been a simple thing to just killfile him and never have to see another
of his posts. your group apparently couldnt grasp how to do that,
like any other intelligent group of people would have done. so dont
cry to me about the terrible abuse youve taken WILLINGLY by not
killfiling every marauder coming into ARA, but instead letting them
just keep bugging you.

your groups history with trolls and whackos isnt unique by ANY means.
the flonk is invaded CONSTANTLY. but you dont hear us whining about
it. we just killfile em. most groups throughout usenet at one time
or another (or constantly) have the same problems youve had. and
there are two responses. whine about it, as your group has. or
simply killfile/ignore and get on with life.

am i so fucking evil now for wanting a little harmless, non real life
payback for what i was put through? for sitting around for a few
nights with a loaded shotgun next to me, just in case, while worry
grew in the back of my mind? for getting a number of kook phone calls
due to dirks outing, which i believe you can find if you dig through
the archives in october or november of 1999?

so, what do those scales look like, hmmmm?
-Dave Hillstrom
Attuarii
2006-07-24 04:25:29 UTC
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
If in fact Nik did that, I think it shows poor judgment on his part.
poor judgement? hah! dont you mean borderline personality disorder?
I won't challenge that assessment.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
I don't believe hate crime statutes are wise. It comes far to close to
thought police. OTOH, a threat is a threat. As such, it does constitute a
crime. I have no clue as to why you consider the alleged behavior of his
to constitute a "hate crime".
i, as do most of the worlds governments, would consider the threat of
death to all one loves with the added mention of a swastika in blood
on the front door, with the added mention of ax wielding asatru
warriors to fit into the hate crime in-box at the police station.
Or comic relief. I don't know if I would have been frightened or amused. I
have to agree, assuming this is true, it does not demonstrate good
character.
Post by dave hillstrom
this isnt just my willy nilly classification, hombre.
You asked me what I thought. There are many governments who imprison people
for writing history books they don't happen to find politically convenient.
The US government is guilty aiding and abetting such. What governments do,
and what I believe is right are not identical.
Post by dave hillstrom
the swastika by itself is a fine ancient symbol. but when it got
connected to racial violence by the nazis, things changed.
Where do you get race from in all this? The alleged behavior is kind of
wacked, but I don't see how it can be classified as "racist".
Post by dave hillstrom
and every
time the symbol is used or mentioned in connection to violence, it
becomes connected to the genocidal nazis of the second world war.
Oh, puleeze, not the Zylon B fairy tales again. The Nazis did not run death
factories. There were some rather horrible typhoid epidemics which
decimated the camp populations, but there were no intentional efforts at
genocide.

You really should study what the revisionists (start with Germar Rudolf's
Dissecting the Holocaust) have written on these topics. It started out as
war-time propaganda, then it was "legitimized" in the victor's show trials
and subsequent post-war propaganda from both the Soviet and Western blocs
psy-ops. Then Hollywood got ahold of it and branded their fabrication of
history into the collective psyche. Any effort on the part of Germans as a
whole, or individually to attempt a defense was, and still is, absolutely
futile. For a person to come forward as a witness for the defense
typically meant becoming a defendant. Anybody who served as a guard at any
of the camps was as good as dead if he came forward.

The so-called Wansee Protocol is a forgery. When you look at it in the
context of the other documentary resources, it is conspicuously out of
place. It also has some formal anomalies which show it to be a fraud. It
was the product of one Robert M W Kempner, a German Jew who had emigrated
from Germany in 1933 and returned with the victorious armies acting as an
assistant prosecutor for the US.

Consider that several of the key players on the US prosecution team in the
military tribunals were German Jews who had been bitter political enemies
of the Nazis before the war. The Nazis' pre-war political rivals,
especially the communists/socialists, their erstwhile war-time
enemies(Soviet and Western), their genuine victims (who had been unjustly
detained and stripped of their property, etc), and a plethora of common
criminals, were all arrayed against the Nazis who were either imprisoned or
simply killed if they weren't important enough to drag through a show
trial. There was almost no effort to perform forensic investigations, and
the ones which were performed were a farce at best.

The trials themselves where a judicial charade. Rules of evidence were
simply "if it's incriminating, it's evidence. If it's exonerating, it
doesn't exist. If there's no evidence go make some." They ignored all the
standard recusals for conflict of interest, rejection of hearsay evidence,
rejection of testimony extracted by torture, rights of the accused to call
witnesses, etc., etc.

Jedwabne is merely one of countless examples of falsehoods which perpetuated
under their own momentum for decades until some honest soul stepped forward
to set the record straight.
Post by dave hillstrom
sorry, but thats how the worlds governments see it, and thats how i
see it.
Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
You are suggesting by your question that it is appropriate to attack an
entire group in order to avenge the deeds of individual members acting on
their own behalf.
where did i say that?
It was rather an obvious conclusion which follows from your premise.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
That strikes me as pathologically unwise.
normally i would agree with you. but YOU sure havent taken steps to
censure your own out of control members, so why shouldnt i make you
suffer, along with them, for that?
Uh, that is very much not true. I have voiced my disapproval regarding the
conduct of others on several occasions. I've had to eat some of those word
from time to time. In particular, regarding "Holocaust" revisionism.

I have no way of knowing what Nik did or did not do in this regard.
Consider that my primary source for your side of things comes from a person
who consistently acts like a raving lunatic on USENET, and who cross-posts
from newsgroups which excel in inane drivel, inflammatory and obnoxious
provocation, and otherwise discrediting behavior. I typically don't even
bother to read such posts. How would I even know what Nik supposedly did?
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html

http://baldur.globalsymmetry.com/open-source/org/sth/fact911/molten-steel/
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
I may find
myself motivated by base instinct to act in such a way, but those higher
mental faculties which distinguish humans from all other animals tell me
that such behavior is more likely to cause more strife than to solve any
problems.
then start policing your own. maybe people would leave you alone if
you did that.
I have no authority over Nik and Dirk. I guess this is the whole suicide
bomber rationale you are presenting. Mass punishment, and all that, eh?
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
what do the scales look like in your mind, hmmmm?
http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/einstein/1948/12/02.htm
pardon me, but i dont think i was speaking about the
israeli/palestinian issues of either past or present.
Strange you saw fit to comment thusly: "without policing your own, you run
Post by dave hillstrom
what i believe i was alluding to was the tangible real life effects
your members have had on my life, the life of an innocent at the time
of the actions of dirk and nik, versus some needling and trolling and
other words on a screen that your group has put up with, apparently
due to your groups inability to figure out how to work a killfile.
Killfiles are not proof against the adverse impact of trolls. As I have
stated previously, I have protested against Nik and other's trolling the
trolls. After some time, it became obvious that I was not going to
persuade them to behave as I would like. I have consciously avoided
cross-posting to the newsgroups that serves as trolls' dens. Nonetheless,
I, and others have been continually subjected to some level of trolling
since October of 1999.
Post by dave hillstrom
flaagg didnt nym morph while on usenet. which means it would have
been a simple thing to just killfile him and never have to see another
of his posts. your group apparently couldnt grasp how to do that,
like any other intelligent group of people would have done. so dont
cry to me about the terrible abuse youve taken WILLINGLY by not
killfiling every marauder coming into ARA, but instead letting them
just keep bugging you.
So if I post your RL on USENET all you need to do is killfile me and all is
well, right?
Post by dave hillstrom
your groups history with trolls and whackos isnt unique by ANY means.
the flonk is invaded CONSTANTLY. but you dont hear us whining about
it. we just killfile em. most groups throughout usenet at one time
or another (or constantly) have the same problems youve had. and
there are two responses. whine about it, as your group has. or
simply killfile/ignore and get on with life.
Is this what you mean by whining?

<quote>
Post by dave hillstrom
am i so fucking evil now for wanting a little harmless, non real life
payback for what i was put through? for sitting around for a few
nights with a loaded shotgun next to me, just in case, while worry
grew in the back of my mind? for getting a number of kook phone calls
due to dirks outing, which i believe you can find if you dig through
the archives in october or november of 1999?
You have given Nik more power than he had before. Had it not been for the
constant trolling he and the others would have been less motivated to
establish SRA, and would have gained less support for it. Now Nik can
troll ARA and wreak havoc and run and hide in SRA. Because of my candor
and divergent views, I am a universal persona no grata in moderated forums.
Post by dave hillstrom
so, what do those scales look like, hmmmm?
Whose? Yours or mine. My scales look like this:
Giordano Bruno
dave hillstrom
2006-07-24 23:51:48 UTC
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
If in fact Nik did that, I think it shows poor judgment on his part.
why would i make this up? go back into google and check my posting
history around the period, youll find i wasnt posting. why would i
make up such a story if i wasnt a troll back then? i only recently in
the last couple years have really ventured out of the flonk! and,
more importantly, how in gods name could i even come UP with a story
like this if it didnt happen??? i mean, im creative and all, but not
like that. ive got my limits, too.

and, now that nik has FINALLY admitted to making the phonecall, after
~years~ of denial, it would seem that my story isnt that far fetched,
and that nik might have wanted to hide his actions until the statute
of limitations was up. i mean, dont get me wrong, nik is a clueless
fuckkkhead, but hes not so stupid as to admit his involvement while
the crime could still be prosecuted.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
poor judgement? hah! dont you mean borderline personality disorder?
I won't challenge that assessment.
finally, one thing we might be able to agree upon.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
I don't believe hate crime statutes are wise. It comes far to close to
thought police. OTOH, a threat is a threat. As such, it does constitute a
crime. I have no clue as to why you consider the alleged behavior of his
to constitute a "hate crime".
i, as do most of the worlds governments, would consider the threat of
death to all one loves with the added mention of a swastika in blood
on the front door, with the added mention of ax wielding asatru
warriors to fit into the hate crime in-box at the police station.
Or comic relief. I don't know if I would have been frightened or amused. I
have to agree, assuming this is true, it does not demonstrate good
character.
it demonstrates criminal behavior is what it demonstrates.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
this isnt just my willy nilly classification, hombre.
You asked me what I thought. There are many governments who imprison people
for writing history books they don't happen to find politically convenient.
The US government is guilty aiding and abetting such. What governments do,
and what I believe is right are not identical.
its what you DO that i care about. and, as dirk and nik DID things to
me in real life, and to my knowledge have never made a heartfelt,
sincere, and complete admission and apology, i will continue to hound
them on occasion, forever and ever amen. if the rest of your group
gets in the way or has their feelings hurt, tough.

though i now like heidi as she showed an ability to rise above hate.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
the swastika by itself is a fine ancient symbol. but when it got
connected to racial violence by the nazis, things changed.
Where do you get race from in all this? The alleged behavior is kind of
wacked, but I don't see how it can be classified as "racist".
um, hello! rounding up all the gypsies and the jews and even
homosexuals and putting them in hideous disease filled camps with
virtually no decent medical attention and sub par food BECAUSE THEY
WERE NOT RACIALLY PURE? stop trying to deny what happened in fact.
you just look like an aryan fool.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
[...]
then, tell me, why does the FBI consider, through evidence, nazi
organizations of today to be hate crime organizations? why is the
evidence there? why do skinheads with swastikas tattooed on their
heads target and kill people of other races and sexual orientations?
why is the asatru organization, one ostensibly based on scandinavian
gods and culture, considered a hate crime group by the FBI in the US
due to the criminal activities of its members? please, explain this
away. i and the rest of the world would LOVE to hear your
explanation. who knows, maybe the FBI will listen and leave your
people alone.

<guffaw>
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
sorry, but thats how the worlds governments see it, and thats how i
see it.
Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.
what, the removal of those who perpetrate and incite hate crimes?
yes, i hope i get that.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
You are suggesting by your question that it is appropriate to attack an
entire group in order to avenge the deeds of individual members acting on
their own behalf.
where did i say that?
It was rather an obvious conclusion which follows from your premise.
please show what you mean. stop beating around the shrub.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
That strikes me as pathologically unwise.
normally i would agree with you. but YOU sure havent taken steps to
censure your own out of control members, so why shouldnt i make you
suffer, along with them, for that?
Uh, that is very much not true. I have voiced my disapproval regarding the
conduct of others on several occasions. I've had to eat some of those word
from time to time. In particular, regarding "Holocaust" revisionism.
I have no way of knowing what Nik did or did not do in this regard.
Consider that my primary source for your side of things comes from a person
who consistently acts like a raving lunatic on USENET, and who cross-posts
from newsgroups which excel in inane drivel, inflammatory and obnoxious
provocation, and otherwise discrediting behavior. I typically don't even
bother to read such posts. How would I even know what Nik supposedly did?
lets look at some verifiable facts. for years now, since november
1999, when the phonecall occurred, i have stated my story, as well as
telling people about my witness. not once has nik admitted that the
call was even made, even under direct questioning. and yet, after 7
years, approximately the extent of the statute of limitations, he
admits that he DID call me in november of 1999. if it took that long
to finally admit that he even called me, how long do you think its
going to take to admit his wrong doing and apologize for it? will he
EVER admit to his threats and hate? and yet I HAVE A WITNESS IF IT
EVER WERE TO GO TO COURT.

and, since you dont read that "drivel" about a hate crime that
occurred in november of 1999, and dont continue to work on censuring
the criminal in your own ranks, why would you now be talking to me?
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
without policing your own, you run the risk of ending up with a
reputation like the moslems have currently. get a grip and do your
part.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html
http://baldur.globalsymmetry.com/open-source/org/sth/fact911/molten-steel/
why should i go and read this drivel about the israelis again? we
arent discussing the israelis here, i thought youd recognize that
after i first pointed it out to you.

just because they do things wrong doesnt mean YOU and YOUR RELIGION
can get away with it as well.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
I may find
myself motivated by base instinct to act in such a way, but those higher
mental faculties which distinguish humans from all other animals tell me
that such behavior is more likely to cause more strife than to solve any
problems.
then start policing your own. maybe people would leave you alone if
you did that.
I have no authority over Nik and Dirk. I guess this is the whole suicide
bomber rationale you are presenting. Mass punishment, and all that, eh?
wake up to reality. stop trying to live in a fantasy world. if you
dont police your own, why should anyone take your stated cause
seriously? welcome to the world of the middle east muslims whove
FUCKED themselves by not hunting down and censuring those few people
perpetrating violence in the name of allah, a god of peace and
tolerance.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
what do the scales look like in your mind, hmmmm?
http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/einstein/1948/12/02.htm
pardon me, but i dont think i was speaking about the
israeli/palestinian issues of either past or present.
Strange you saw fit to comment thusly: "without policing your own, you run
the risk of ending up with a reputation like the moslems have currently.
get a grip and do your part."
the israelis arent doing much better. are you happy now that ive
commented on your obsession against israel and the jews? an obsession
that has nothing to do with our discussion of the asatruar group on
usenet?
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
what i believe i was alluding to was the tangible real life effects
your members have had on my life, the life of an innocent at the time
of the actions of dirk and nik, versus some needling and trolling and
other words on a screen that your group has put up with, apparently
due to your groups inability to figure out how to work a killfile.
Killfiles are not proof against the adverse impact of trolls. As I have
stated previously, I have protested against Nik and other's trolling the
trolls. After some time, it became obvious that I was not going to
persuade them to behave as I would like. I have consciously avoided
cross-posting to the newsgroups that serves as trolls' dens. Nonetheless,
I, and others have been continually subjected to some level of trolling
since October of 1999.
killfiles ARE proof against trolls, as far as limiting the effects on
your groups discussions. thats why the rest of usenet uses them and
doesnt whine "oh, we cant deal with teh trolls! please give us a
moderated group because we are idiots!"

killfiles are NOT proof against net.abuse or net.fuckery.

most other groups on usenet have little problems with trolls BECAUSE
they use their killfiles, which are included in every decent
newsreader FOR A REASON.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
flaagg didnt nym morph while on usenet. which means it would have
been a simple thing to just killfile him and never have to see another
of his posts. your group apparently couldnt grasp how to do that,
like any other intelligent group of people would have done. so dont
cry to me about the terrible abuse youve taken WILLINGLY by not
killfiling every marauder coming into ARA, but instead letting them
just keep bugging you.
So if I post your RL on USENET all you need to do is killfile me and all is
well, right?
killfiling gets rid of the bother.

i never said it would get rid of outing. nothing will once its done.
which is why i still carry a grudge against djirky.

but, neither will a moderated group foil outing, as it can occur
anywhere at any time.

though, in a case of such a heinous thing as outing a complete postal
address and a telephone number, as happened to me, most people would
agree that reporting them to their isp would be an appropriate
reaction, and not netcopping. i chose not to, for my own personal
reasons at the time.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
your groups history with trolls and whackos isnt unique by ANY means.
the flonk is invaded CONSTANTLY. but you dont hear us whining about
it. we just killfile em. most groups throughout usenet at one time
or another (or constantly) have the same problems youve had. and
there are two responses. whine about it, as your group has. or
simply killfile/ignore and get on with life.
Is this what you mean by whining?
<quote>
I believe the exodus from ARA due to trolls should have been remedied by
defiance on the part of Asatruar.
</quote>
not my words.

defiance, no. killfiles, yes.

defiance denotes actively joining the battle, while the only way to
effectively deal with trolls is to deny them attention. go read a
netiquette faq sometime, cluebie. use your killfile like Heidi does.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
am i so fucking evil now for wanting a little harmless, non real life
payback for what i was put through? for sitting around for a few
nights with a loaded shotgun next to me, just in case, while worry
grew in the back of my mind? for getting a number of kook phone calls
due to dirks outing, which i believe you can find if you dig through
the archives in october or november of 1999?
You have given Nik more power than he had before. Had it not been for the
constant trolling he and the others would have been less motivated to
establish SRA, and would have gained less support for it. Now Nik can
troll ARA and wreak havoc and run and hide in SRA. Because of my candor
and divergent views, I am a universal persona no grata in moderated forums.
no, he cant. because your moderation is, blessedly, incomplete. i
post all the time to SRA. some of you see it, some of you dont.

as to your status, i have no knowledge. but maybe you should address
your fellow asatruars HATE of you, if any, in the same context as
their HATE for most people who subscribe to different religious views,
such as christianity. because the HATE is the common aspect.
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
so, what do those scales look like, hmmmm?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Tarot-11-XI_Justice.jpg
again, you run away from stating if my particular actions do or do not
balance what dirk and nik perpetrated upon me in real life.
--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4
"The point of alt.config is to light proponents on fire
of new groups." -Adam H. Kerman 7/24/06 12:50pm
Attuarii
2006-07-25 01:57:32 UTC
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
the swastika by itself is a fine ancient symbol. but when it got
connected to racial violence by the nazis, things changed.
Where do you get race from in all this? The alleged behavior is kind of
wacked, but I don't see how it can be classified as "racist".
um, hello! rounding up all the gypsies and the jews and even
homosexuals and putting them in hideous disease filled camps with
virtually no decent medical attention and sub par food BECAUSE THEY
WERE NOT RACIALLY PURE?
There are a lot of complexities to what happened during the 1930s and 1940s
in Central Europe which have not been addressed by historical research. The
people have attempted to present alternative views have been imprisoned,
physically attacked, driven into exile, and/or professionally ruined.

Here's a short list:

Roger Garaudy
Ernst Zündel
Fred Leuchter
Germar Rudolf
David Irving
Siegfried Verbeke
Robert Faurisson
hies Christophersen
Gerd Honsik
Walter Lüftl
Jürgen Graf

I really don't know the details of what happened in Eastern Europe in those
years. I am confident, however, the accounts have been extremely
one-sided.
Post by dave hillstrom
stop trying to deny what happened in fact. you just look like an aryan
fool.
My point was that I didn't really see how you make a connection between what
Nik allegedly said, and a racial motivation. If the surname you post under
is genuine, I would expect that you are a white male of European decent.
If that is not the case, I am curious how Nik would have known.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Jedwabne is merely one of countless examples of falsehoods which
perpetuated under their own momentum for decades until some honest soul
stepped forward to set the record straight.
then, tell me, why does the FBI consider, through evidence, nazi
organizations of today to be hate crime organizations?
I really don't know what the FBI considers Nazi organization of today to be.
I consider them to be silly.
Post by dave hillstrom
why is the evidence there?
Because you say it is?
Post by dave hillstrom
why do skinheads with swastikas tattooed on their
heads target and kill people of other races and sexual orientations?
I think there was one so-called "skinhead" murder last year. He was stabbed
to death. It's not clear who killed him.
Post by dave hillstrom
why is the asatru organization, one ostensibly based on scandinavian
gods and culture, considered a hate crime group by the FBI in the US
due to the criminal activities of its members?
From the looks of things we are conspicuously boring to the government.

http://www.google.com/search?q=asatru+site:gov
Post by dave hillstrom
please, explain this away. i and the rest of the world would LOVE to hear
your explanation. who knows, maybe the FBI will listen and leave your
people alone.
You are making this stuff up.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
It was rather an obvious conclusion which follows from your premise.
please show what you mean. stop beating around the shrub.
Review the thread.
Post by dave hillstrom
and, since you dont read that "drivel" about a hate crime that
occurred in november of 1999, and dont continue to work on censuring
the criminal in your own ranks, why would you now be talking to me?
To Nik: Please don't call up strangers and threaten to draw blood-eagles on
them. It reflects badly on the rest of us. Now, say you're sorry.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
without policing your own, you run the risk of ending up with a
reputation like the moslems have currently. get a grip and do your
part.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html
http://baldur.globalsymmetry.com/open-source/org/sth/fact911/molten-steel/
why should i go and read this drivel about the israelis again? we
arent discussing the israelis here, i thought youd recognize that
after i first pointed it out to you.
It appears to me it was not Moslems who are responsible for the worst
terrorist attack ever perpetrated against the US. It seems to me the 9-11
attacks were committed by people who are not Moslems and were intentionally
trying to engender hatred against Moslems.
Post by dave hillstrom
just because they do things wrong doesnt mean YOU and YOUR RELIGION
can get away with it as well.
That seems a rather zealous statement.
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
I have no authority over Nik and Dirk. I guess this is the whole suicide
bomber rationale you are presenting. Mass punishment, and all that, eh?
wake up to reality. stop trying to live in a fantasy world. if you
dont police your own, why should anyone take your stated cause
seriously? welcome to the world of the middle east muslims whove
FUCKED themselves by not hunting down and censuring those few people
perpetrating violence in the name of allah, a god of peace and
tolerance.
Nik's childish idle threat of 7 years ago is hardly of relevance to what is
going on today.
From: Attuarii <***@germania.sup>

Subject: Re: RFD: soc.religion.asatru moderated (LAST CALL FOR COMMENTS)

Newsgroups: news.groups
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 18:17:33 -0400

[...]

In my heart of hearts I believe this is a bad idea.

</quote>
Post by dave hillstrom
killfiles are NOT proof against net.abuse or net.fuckery.
most other groups on usenet have little problems with trolls BECAUSE
they use their killfiles, which are included in every decent
newsreader FOR A REASON.
Why does comp.lang.c++.moderated exist?
Post by dave hillstrom
killfiling gets rid of the bother.
i never said it would get rid of outing. nothing will once its done.
which is why i still carry a grudge against djirky.
So constantly calling someone a Nazi has no potential adverse impact on
their reputation? Flooding our newsgroup with messages intended to
misrepresent our religion has no potential adverse impact on our religion?
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
<quote>
I believe the exodus from ARA due to trolls should have been remedied by
defiance on the part of Asatruar.
</quote>
not my words.
defiance, no. killfiles, yes.
Defiance means to ignore the trolls. If that had been done originally we
would not be having this discussion years later. Unfortunately some people
feel the need to demonstrate control in situations where it is not the
appropriate.
Post by dave hillstrom
defiance denotes actively joining the battle, while the only way to
effectively deal with trolls is to deny them attention. go read a
netiquette faq sometime, cluebie. use your killfile like Heidi does.
Actively joining a battle against people who are trying to provoke you into
attacking them means ignoring them.
Post by dave hillstrom
no, he cant. because your moderation is, blessedly, incomplete. i
post all the time to SRA. some of you see it, some of you dont.
_My_ moderation?
Post by dave hillstrom
as to your status, i have no knowledge. but maybe you should address
your fellow asatruars HATE of you, if any, in the same context as
their HATE for most people who subscribe to different religious views,
such as christianity. because the HATE is the common aspect.
I have in the past addressed that kind of irrational behavior. Rather
blatantly and clearly.
Post by dave hillstrom
again, you run away from stating if my particular actions do or do not
balance what dirk and nik perpetrated upon me in real life.
I really don't know what actions those are. You are certainly not the only
person to troll a.r.a. Sorry to disappoint you, but I was not keeping
score.
Giordano Bruno
Doug Freyburger
2006-07-24 22:08:02 UTC
Post by Attuarii
My primary motivation for posting to SRA is to ensure that it is functioning
properly. Ironically, the same motivation that led me to oppose the
creation of SRA now stirs me to ensure that it succeeds in becoming viable.
</post>
And functioning properly includes rejecting test messages. It's a
precedent that was discussed early on. Live fire is the best way
to go - Bring up any heathen content. Or as in this case valid
metadiscussion about what is and isn't on-topic.
Post by Attuarii
I hope that wasn't construed as an affront. I was merely being candid. I
don't like being censored or moderated.
I don't take affront because people disagree with me. I'm here to
follow the Aesir not to agree with people.
Post by Attuarii
I believe the exodus from ARA due
to trolls should have been remedied by defiance on the part of Asatruar.
Tried and failed. Care to suggest something that hasn't been tried?
For example a replacement moderated group? ;^) The fact is the
only remaining posters on ARA are the ones who would not be run
off by the trolls. The exodus happened for other posters.
Post by Attuarii
SRA seems to be a marginal victory for the trolls.
Seems an insane perspective to me but if you want to see it that
way go right ahead. Since I'm still posting some on ARA I have
no idea what you mean by it.
Post by Attuarii
It is a victory they did not gain from me.
If you say so.
Post by Attuarii
Nonetheless, SRA seems to be the will of the majority.
Most of the regulars go against the majority on some points. You
far more than others.
Post by Attuarii
The problems with SRA may be purely technical.
If you mean Heidi's and Robert's, they are technical. There are
several other categories of problems so you could mean something
else.
Post by Attuarii
If they are then they should
be fixed, and my efforts should be helpful in that direction.
Heidi, Since I don't know which NNTP package Shaw.Ca uses I
can't point out the line in the manual. All they should need to know
is "soc.religion.asatru is listed as moderated in the regular posting
that lists all of the Big-8 newsgroups. So please switch it from
unmoderated to moderated."
Post by Attuarii
Likewise if
there is willful intent and malice of forethought afoot.
You do realize that once you took up your holocaust denial stance
numerous other folks on ARA concluded that you have such
willfull intent?

Anyways, you've posted to SRA. Historically you've ended up
getting kicked out of moderated groups/lists/whatevers. As such
you know how to be given the boot. I figure you're intelligent
enough to know how to NOT be given the boot as well.
Heidi Graw
2006-07-24 22:14:51 UTC
(snip)
Post by Doug Freyburger
Heidi, Since I don't know which NNTP package Shaw.Ca uses I
can't point out the line in the manual. All they should need to know
is "soc.religion.asatru is listed as moderated in the regular posting
that lists all of the Big-8 newsgroups. So please switch it from
unmoderated to moderated."
I've already sent them 3 e-mails about that problem. They were also polite
requests. However, I think I'm going to have to make an actual phone call to
tech support. That's my next step. Maybe I'll be able to keep that tech on
the phone while he's working on reconfiguring SRA.

Oh well...dialing numbers....busy signal! ARRGGGGHHHH! I'll keep trying.

Heidi
Doug Freyburger
2006-07-24 22:31:16 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Doug Freyburger
Heidi, Since I don't know which NNTP package Shaw.Ca uses I
can't point out the line in the manual. All they should need to know
is "soc.religion.asatru is listed as moderated in the regular posting
that lists all of the Big-8 newsgroups. So please switch it from
unmoderated to moderated."
I've already sent them 3 e-mails about that problem. They were also polite
requests. However, I think I'm going to have to make an actual phone call to
tech support. That's my next step. Maybe I'll be able to keep that tech on
the phone while he's working on reconfiguring SRA.
In another message you quoted Tom from Shaw.Ca in a response.

When your cross-posted message got rejected by STUMP that
was a good sign. All messages cross-posted to anywhere are
automatically rejected for SRA. They don't even get to the mods.
Thus at least one of your messages took the correct route.
Heidi Graw
2006-07-24 23:51:50 UTC
(snip)
Post by Doug Freyburger
In another message you quoted Tom from Shaw.Ca in a response.
Tom wasn't from Shaw.
Post by Doug Freyburger
When your cross-posted message got rejected by STUMP that
was a good sign. All messages cross-posted to anywhere are
automatically rejected for SRA. They don't even get to the mods.
Thus at least one of your messages took the correct route.
I just spent the last 45 minutes talking to Shaw tech support. I found out
why those 3 e-mails didn't achieve any results...Shaw didn't think it was
*their* problem. Anyway, I've since then straightened them out. The fellow
I spoke with was a general tech guy. The 2nd level higher techs agreed to
look into the problem. They promised to phone back once they've figured out
just what it is they're supposed to do.

Since they don't seem to get too many requests to set up moderated
newsgroups, they're taking on this case as a learning experience.

Ah well...back to waiting...

Heidi
Attuarii
2006-07-24 22:31:31 UTC
Post by Doug Freyburger
Post by Attuarii
I believe the exodus from ARA due
to trolls should have been remedied by defiance on the part of Asatruar.
Tried and failed.
Not so far as I can see.
Post by Doug Freyburger
Care to suggest something that hasn't been tried?
Ignoring the trolls.
Post by Attuarii
Nonetheless, SRA seems to be the will of the majority.
Most of the regulars go against the majority on some points. You
far more than others.
I hardly argue with people as much as one person (with a French surname) who
shall remain nameless.
Post by Doug Freyburger
Post by Attuarii
Likewise if
there is willful intent and malice of forethought afoot.
You do realize that once you took up your holocaust denial stance
numerous other folks on ARA concluded that you have such
willfull intent?
I realize that you have consistently revealed my identity when I post under
a different nym.

I realize that you have claimed that you sent a message to my ISP about my
alleged off-topic posting.

I realize that you have often attempted to pressure me to avoid topics which
you believe are inappropriate.

I realize that your conduct toward me is one which makes me weary of
subjecting the content of my posts to your moderation.
Post by Doug Freyburger
Anyways, you've posted to SRA. Historically you've ended up
getting kicked out of moderated groups/lists/whatevers. As such
you know how to be given the boot. I figure you're intelligent
enough to know how to NOT be given the boot as well.
But that hardly addresses the real problem. Don't criticize the government
if you don't want guys in black suits and shades at your front door. Just
follow that simple rule and you are free.
Giordano Bruno
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-25 02:59:09 UTC
In article <***@speakeasy.net>,
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Doug Freyburger
Care to suggest something that hasn't been tried?
Ignoring the trolls.
We have a winnah ffolkes! Give teh man a kewpie doll!

You're likely to get a 'tried and failed' response to that one,
too, but an examination of the Google records will show that it
was never really tried.

The other thing to consider is how the other froups that were
able to overcome 'meower' incursions accomplished that. But it
never seemed to dawn on the hotheads here to really study their
opponent...
....Grace Slick
Attuarii
2006-07-23 13:05:02 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.
That makes 1 of 3 of mine. I have yet to see yours.
The problem still hasn't been fixed. I had sent another test message just
after yours. The details of the path did not direct the post to Stump. I
sent another e-mail to Shaw tech support with a copy of the details of
your successful post to use as an example so they can see to where to
direct my posts.
Hopefully this will give Shaw a clue! ;-)
Heidi
Remember what I told you about SRA and its genesis?
Giordano Bruno
dave hillstrom
2006-07-23 20:25:51 UTC
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.
That makes 1 of 3 of mine. I have yet to see yours.
The problem still hasn't been fixed. I had sent another test message just
after yours. The details of the path did not direct the post to Stump. I
sent another e-mail to Shaw tech support with a copy of the details of
your successful post to use as an example so they can see to where to
direct my posts.
Hopefully this will give Shaw a clue! ;-)
Heidi
Remember what I told you about SRA and its genesis?
heidi isnt that bright, i see.

neither are you, nik the coward, come to think of it.
-Dave Hillstrom
Attuarii
2006-07-23 22:26:51 UTC
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Remember what I told you about SRA and its genesis?
heidi isnt that bright, i see.
neither are you, nik the coward, come to think of it.
If you are suggesting that I am Nik, I am not. My name is known to the
a.r.a regulars, and is not that difficult to find if you really want to
know what it is. My given name is Steven. You can easily verify that
people call me Steven through google, I am sure.
Giordano Bruno
dave hillstrom
2006-07-24 00:34:17 UTC
Post by Attuarii
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Attuarii
Remember what I told you about SRA and its genesis?
heidi isnt that bright, i see.
neither are you, nik the coward, come to think of it.
If you are suggesting that I am Nik, I am not. My name is known to the
a.r.a regulars, and is not that difficult to find if you really want to
know what it is. My given name is Steven. You can easily verify that
people call me Steven through google, I am sure.
im sorry, but sometimes i, as well as others, will reply to a post,
but speak to other people than the original poster. sorry if this
confuses you.
-Dave Hillstrom
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-23 15:47:38 UTC
In article <VtCwg.224298$***@pd7tw1no>, Heidi Graw
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Attuarii
I too have tests in the works. One is from google, the other form my own
ISP.
I saw your test message in SRA.
That makes 1 of 3 of mine. I have yet to see yours.
The problem still hasn't been fixed. I had sent another test message just
after yours. The details of the path did not direct the post to Stump. I
sent another e-mail to Shaw tech support with a copy of the details of your
successful post to use as an example so they can see to where to direct my
posts.
Hopefully this will give Shaw a clue! ;-)
Shaw /has/ a clue.

What they /don't/ have is GAF
....Grace Slick
Heidi Graw
2006-07-23 17:32:00 UTC
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?

Thanks,
Heidi
Attuarii
2006-07-23 18:01:22 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
Thanks,
Heidi
Give a fine attitude.
Giordano Bruno
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-23 18:24:19 UTC
In article <***@speakeasy.net>,
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
Thanks,
Heidi
Give a fine attitude.
You, of all people, trying to be Politically Correct?
....Grace Slick
Attuarii
2006-07-23 18:57:57 UTC
Post by Juan Tootreego
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
Thanks,
Heidi
Give a fine attitude.
You, of all people, trying to be Politically Correct?
Do you not know the difference twixt politically correct and polite?
Giordano Bruno
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-25 02:34:08 UTC
In article <***@speakeasy.net>,
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Juan Tootreego
Attuarii says...
Post by Attuarii
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
Thanks,
Heidi
Give a fine attitude.
You, of all people, trying to be Politically Correct?
Do you not know the difference twixt politically correct and polite?
In my book, PC is not using the word fjuckhead at all,
politeness is not calling a specific person a fjuckhead.
....Grace Slick
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-23 18:23:29 UTC
In article <koOwg.222462$***@pd7tw3no>, Heidi Graw
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
GAF is an old Navy term = Give A Fuck

i.e. they know very well /how/ to set up the group as moderated,
but they are too lazy to do it
....Grace Slick
Heidi Graw
2006-07-23 19:04:20 UTC
Post by Juan Tootreego
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
GAF is an old Navy term = Give A Fuck
i.e. they know very well /how/ to set up the group as moderated,
but they are too lazy to do it
I'm not going to accept that given Shaw's proven track record whenever I've
had to seek some technical assistence from them before. Shaw also provides
me with Cable TV, along with Internet services. However, if within a
reasonable time frame they are not acting on my request, they will soon
enough learn they will have to give a flying f*ck. I can embarrass them in
public! My newspaper editors love to shame corporations which do not
provide service for money paid by consumers. Plus...there is a cable and
internet competitor in town. ;-)

I'll have them fix that problem... ;-)

Heidi
....Grace Slick
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-25 02:31:05 UTC
In article <UKPwg.220165$***@pd7tw2no>, Heidi Graw
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
Post by Juan Tootreego
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Shaw /has/ a clue.
What they /don't/ have is GAF
I don't understand what you mean by "GAF."
Can you explain?
GAF is an old Navy term = Give A Fuck
i.e. they know very well /how/ to set up the group as moderated,
but they are too lazy to do it
I'm not going to accept that given Shaw's proven track record whenever I've
had to seek some technical assistence from them before. Shaw also provides
me with Cable TV, along with Internet services. However, if within a
reasonable time frame they are not acting on my request, they will soon
enough learn they will have to give a flying f*ck. I can embarrass them in
public! My newspaper editors love to shame corporations which do not
provide service for money paid by consumers. Plus...there is a cable and
internet competitor in town. ;-)
I'll have them fix that problem... ;-)
Care to discuss a small wager?
....Grace Slick
Heidi Graw
2006-07-25 03:03:19 UTC
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
I'll have them [Shaw] fix that problem... ;-)
Care to discuss a small wager?
Sure, I'll bet $10.00 US that Shaw Cable will fix that SRA problem for me.
They'll succeed in configuring the newsgroup to send all posts written by
Shaw subscribers to be directed to the moderation address.

Will you accept that bet? ;-)

And if I win or lose, I swear it on my Eddas that I will not disclose any
personal information as to your address, tel. number, etc. here on Usenet
when we make that money transfer. You can trust me. ;-)

Heidi
Juan Tootreego
2006-07-23 15:45:48 UTC
In article <Inuwg.219643$***@pd7tw3no>, Heidi Graw
says...
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Juan Tootreego
Post by Heidi Graw
[...]
"Keep your friends close. And your enemies closer"
... Loki of the CoT